123 North College Avenue, Suite 160, Fort Collins, CO 80524
4 Convenient Locations:Ft.Collins | Greeley | Longmont | Boulder
Hoggatt Law Office, P.C.

Request a Free Consultation | No Upfront FeesSe Habla Español

970-225-2190 | 

Should I Quit My Job If I Was Injured At Work in Ft. Collins?

Workers' Compensation Claim Attorneys for Employees Who Are Hurt on the Job in Larimer County and Weld County

Workplace accidents occur regardless of the industry or field in which an employee works, even if necessary precautions are followed. Workers in the oil and gas, construction, or trucking industries can suffer serious and even life-threatening injuries including burns, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries.

If you are injured while at work, call 9-1-1 if you need immediate medical assistance. Then, file an official injury report with your employer. It is best to tell someone about the injury as soon as possible or within a four-day period. If you wait a long time to report your personal injury, it's possible your claim could be denied. Remember to always document an injury in writing and retain a copy for yourself.

See a physician as soon as possible, and tell your doctor the injury was suffered while performing your work duties. If you wait too long to visit a doctor, you risk your claim being denied. Be sure to tell medical personnel about any part of your body that hurts as a result of the injury. Show them any bruises, cuts, or scrapes. Once your employer receives your notice of injury, they are required to notify their workers' compensation insurance carrier. Contact Hoggatt Law Office, P.C. to learn how we can assist you in obtaining relief due to lost wages.

Unfair Treatment by Employer

You may wonder if you should quit your job after being injured, especially if you are unable to perform your duties as a result. Sometimes an employer may treat you unfairly or blame you after an accident in an effort to make you quit. Other employers might create a hostile environment.

We recommend you do NOT quit your job! If you resign, you may be giving up important legal rights to which you are entitled. In addition, if you quit your job, you might not be able to collect unemployment. If you are considering leaving your position, contact a Fort Collins workers' compensation lawyer to discuss the details of your accident before deciding on any course of action.

Contact Hoggatt Law Office, P.C.

If you have been hurt while performing your job, our experienced workplace injury lawyers at Hoggatt Law Office, P.C. will explain your rights to compensation so you can receive the benefits you need and deserve. Contact a Boulder County workers' compensation attorney at 970-225-2190 for a free consultation to find out how we can help you through the process of filing or appealing a claim.

Martindale Hubbell Elite Lawyer best car accident attorneys in fort collins expertise Martindale Hubbell Colorado Bar Association American Association of Justice Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Larimer County Bar Association
Hoggatt Law Office, P.C.

970-225-2190 | 1-800-664-3151

123 North College Avenue, Suite 160,
Fort Collins, CO 80524

3835 W. 10th Street
Greeley, Colorado 80634 |
353 Main Street, Suite A
Longmont, Colorado 80501 |
Download Our App
Google Play Store
Back to Top